Monday, August 16, 2010

PATIENCE....THEY ARE LEARNING

I've been having a "poor me" period of time. I keep complaining to Brent that "the kids just don't listen!", "they don't respect me!", "The deliberatly try to do things to make me mad!"......
I'm gonna be honest and say that I've been so frustrated I've even thought of taking a hiatus from motherhood for a weekend...

And then I read this...

"Wherefore, they cannot sin, for power is not given unto Satan to tempt little children, until they begin to become accountable before me;"  D&C 29:47

I know this section is talking about the signs of the second coming, but this verse really struck me where it needed too.  My kids aren't deliberatly trying to make me mad, they aren't trying to be disrespectful. Yes, a lot of the time they DON'T listen, but it's not like it's their evil plan to get under my skin....

My kids are learning from me. I am their mother. If they have habits like the ones I mentioned, then there is a good chance that there could be something in my life that I need to change, fix, or improve upon. Maybe I ignore them sometimes...maybe I don't do exactly what they want me to do when they want me to and without explanation. Maybe, just maybe....

Kids will be kids, that is for sure. But my eyes were opened to the fact that I need to be as diligent as I possibly can in my teachings, my actions need to be positive, and the words that come out of my mouth...well, they need to be good. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great scripture to remember. It makes me feel better sending my little ones off to school knowing satan can't tempt them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an inspring idea! I'm sure we all feel like that as a mother sometimes! And I LOVE that you have this blog. What an amazing person. Seriously! You are a great example. Do you care if I have a link to it on my blog?
    (Oh, and this is Bailey. My comment thing is being weird and won't let me comment under my googe account.)

    ReplyDelete