Monday, August 23, 2010

MERCY

We talked, in Gospel Essentials, yesterday about honesty.


Honesty...the idea behind it is so black and white. But the actual act of honesty seems sometimes grey. Are we honest with our fellow man? Are we honest with our children? Do we deal honestly with those we serve or offer service too? Do we justify our honesty?

The discussion was all over the board, from Santa Claus to government assistance to the workplace...you name it, it came up as a topic of honesty.

One of the questions the teacher asked was, "can you be completely honest?". In my heart and mind I know that I truly do strive to be an honest person, but I also know that I fall short on occassions....maybe by omitting the total truth from the kids, or...well, it's not confessional time, right... :)

But I came across this scripture in my reading and thought, how appropriate...

"...I will be merciful unto your weakness..." D&C 38:14

I know that as hard as I try, I'm still human. But how grateful I am to know that the Lord will be merciful to my weaknesses, whatever they may be.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great scripture. I find myself so often wishing I were perfect and beating myself up for all of my many failings. Then I'm reminded of the atonement and what Christ did for us and that because of Him I CAN be perfect someday...someday in eternity a loooooooong time from now! :)

    ReplyDelete