Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ARMOR OF GOD

"Wherefore, lift up your hearts and rejoice, and gird up your loins, and take upon you my whole armor, that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand.

Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness, and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, which I have sent mine angels to commit unto you; Taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of my Spirit, which I will pour out upon you, and my word which I reveal unto you, and be agreed as touching all things whatsoever ye ask of me, and be faithful until I come, and ye shall be caught up that where I am ye shall be also. Amen" D&C 27:15-18

In reading this a picture of the armies of Helaman comes to my mind. The young men that were righteous and full of integrity willing to fight in battle for truth. And then my mind goes to the pioneers that were chased from their homes, and ridiculed and beaten for truth and righteousness. And then my mind turns to my children...and the "evil day" that they live in and I pray that I am and will continue to prepare them with the whole armor of God - like the Armies of Helaman, the pioneers of old, the thousands of missionaries out today proclaiming the gospel.

How grateful I am for our Sunday services, Primary, the scriptures, church publications, prayer, and of course FAITH in aiding my endeavors to keep not only myself but my children protected with the ARMOR OF GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment